ROTTERDAM, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsLaboratory
Viroclinics-DDL is a leading Diagnostic and Clinical trial operation service Company, supporting Clinical and Preclinical studies for Drug and Vaccine development for the prevention and treatment of viral infections. Our Research and Development (R&D) department in Rotterdam is responsible for assay innovation, introduction of new tools and techniques, while keeping analysis methods aligned with regulatory criteria. We develop customized assays and protocols, which pass through Standardization and Validation procedures to allow for routine application in a Clinical trial setting. Presently, the R&D department is looking to expand its team with a Laboratory Technician.
As a Laboratory Technician within the R&D department, you will be performing Virological and Serological assays as part of Assay development and validation procedures. You will perform tasks at both Biosafety level (BSL) 2 and 3 laboratories, be involved in data analysis and documentation according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) guidelines, and train other technicians on new assays and techniques. Together with your colleagues, you will be working on short- and long-term projects in parallel. You will be working at the Rotterdam Science Tower, where the R&D department is located.
- Preparing and organizing experiments in order to produce reliable and accurate data;
- Performing hands-on work at BSL-2, perspective on BSL-3;
- Recording and analyzing data, as well as presenting results internally;
- Ensuring Good Documentation Practices (GDP);
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documents required for performing the assays;
- Training other technicians on new assays and techniques;
- Participating in general laboratory tasks such as laboratory cleaning and temperature monitoring of equipment.
To be successful you need to have an eye for detail, a focus on Quality, and good problem-solving skills. You have a proactive work attitude and a strong commitment to completing projects successfully. Since we work on different projects at the same time, your communication and organizational skills need to be excellent, and you will need to be flexible and be able to switch easily between projects. We are looking for a team player and a good fit for our Company.
Required education and background:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Life- or Laboratory Sciences, or a related field (those with MLO degree with professional experience are also encouraged to apply);
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written;
- Experience in working in a BSL-3 environment is preferred.
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and a Certificate of Conduct / VOG) will be part of the hiring process.