Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsAdministrative
Do you want to contribute to the development of vaccines and anti-virals and impact improving global health? Are you always in search of the best planning solution possible? Then we might have the opportunity for you!
Due to expansion and the ambition to professionalize further, we are looking for a Planner for our Clinical Virology Services department. In this position, you will be scheduling assays and the assigned technicians for each individual project. Close collaboration with the Groupleaders, who supervise the Technicians, and the project managers is required. As this is a new position, there will be plenty of chances for implementing new planning/scheduling methods. Correct planning will facilitate throughput and efficiency and as such you will contribute substantially to important research such as the development of vaccines and anti-virals, working at the Rotterdam Science Tower, where our head office is based.
Your main responsibilities and activities will include:
- Scheduling assays and associated technicians for various projects by collaborating with the Groupleaders and Project Managers;
- Optimizing schedule efficiency while anticipating on unforeseen circumstances;
- Providing insights into the workforce planning, forecasting and signaling the needs, advising the department;
- Improving ways of planning, tracking the latest planning trends- and software developments.
We are looking forward to welcome a new colleague who is highly flexible, stress resistant and analytical. You have affinity with a laboratory environment and have outstanding communication and networking skills. You have a creative mind and can think out of the box and are always looking for the best solution possible. Our customers are king, working in a service-oriented manner and thinking along with the customer is therefore a must.
We set the following requirements for your experience and education:
- We prefer at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar position (planner in hospital, logistics or project management);
- Experience working in a laboratory is preferred;
- Good English language skills, both verbally and written;
- Advanced with MS Office products (Excel, Word);
- Understanding of planning software.
If this sounds like you, we’re very interested in meeting you!
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and a Certificate of Conduct / VOG) will be part of the hiring process.