Schaijk, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsFacilities
Are you able to guarantee safety to our colleagues while the organization keeps expanding, organically and by business activities? In addition, do you want to contribute to the development and improvement of global health care? Then read on!
In the position of Biosafety Officer/HSE Coordinator, you will be monitoring health and safety, assess risk and design strategies to reduce potential hazards within an assigned workplace with a focus on biosafety. You will do this with the help of the HSE Officers who are working from Rijswijk, Rotterdam and Schaijk. Your primary location will be Schaijk and you will frequently (at least once every 2 weeks) visit the Rijswijk and Rotterdam locations. Additionally, Quality Control, Contractor Management, Document control and Training & Coaching will be part of your job as well. You will report to the Director Facilities.
Your day- to-day activities will include:
- Ensure compliance with national and local regulatory and contract HSE requirements.
- Provides HSE (with a focus on biosafety) support, advice and guidance throughout all activities such as assist in the development and delivery of Operational Processes safely, defending, implementing and enforcing company policies, strategy, procedures and rules.
- Developing and implementing the HSE Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Identifying hazards, assessing risks, and identifying relevant controls to manage and reduce risks.
- Various HSE (with a focus on biosafety) tasks related to Contingency Management, Incident Management, Performance Management and document control.
- Carries out or facilitates (bio)safety audits and inspections.
- Guide and train teams on HSE and conducts HSE engagement/awareness sessions with them.
- Supervision and coordination of HSE activities across all three Viroclinics-DDL sites.
- Enables active cooperation and knowledge sharing regarding biosafety, biosecurity and bio-risk management between HSE officers at all Viroclinics DDL sites.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need the ability to work with a high level of independency in a challenging and dynamic organization. You possess over good management and social skills and are able to enhance collaborations and persuade individuals. Foster a safe culture by being informed, mindful, learning, fair and respectful. Experience in similar industries is preferred.
This is the type of background we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree, supplemented by training preferably in biosafety (VMT and BVF) or HVK/Occupational Hygiene (Hoger Arbeidshygiëne)/environmental science.
- +/- 5 years of experience in the role of Biosafety Officer, HSE Coordinator or a similar role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all facets of HSE and specific knowledge of some facets, such as: biosafety (must have), chemical safety (nice to have), worker safety (ARBO) (nice to have), environment safety (nice to have), permits, ISO or GxP.
- Experience with containment levels & containment including animal pathogens and GMO.
- Leadership/management experience is a big plus.
- Applicable knowledge of safety, environmental, and quality management systems.
- Good communication (verbally and in writing) and coaching skills, with the ability to lead and influence in both the Dutch and English languages.
Working at Viroclinics-DDL
Viroclinics-DDL is part of Cerba Research, and is growing fast on a global scale. Working at Cerba Research first of all means that you contribute to improve global health. It also means growing your career in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where you can develop new skills and work on diverse projects. There is plenty of room for initiatives, we encourage you to take ownership, cooperate, keep learning and most and for all, have fun!
If this sounds like you, we’re very interested in meeting you!
Please note: a pre-employment screening (education check and a Certificate of Conduct / VOG) will be part of the hiring process.