BI Team Lead
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, GhentCerba Research
In this position, you will be coordinating our Business Intelligence team, which will be your main responsibility. Within our IT department you guarantee a smooth collaboration with the lead of our Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) Development Team and the head of IT Infrastructure. You will define and manage the BI Transformation in line with the Global IT Transformation and rollout of new applications, as well as defining the roadmap for Cloud Migration Azure. Furthermore, you rollout the Power BI implementation across the company and transfer knowledge in the IT team. As an true innovator, you drive innovation through Data.
Your internal stakeholders will be Project Management, Business Operations, Business Development, Operations, Science, HR and Finance but you will also be involved with third party vendors and partner laboratories. You will report to the Head of Data & BI. It is a fulltime position and the office is based in Ghent. However, it is possible to work partly remote as well.
Main Objectives in this role:
- Based on the functional specifications, coordinate and co-develop the technical architecture and design for Business Intelligence projects with the business needs in mind;
- Responsible for data modelling and data architecture design and implementation;
- Lead the transition to Azure Synapse;
- Define and implement data management structures and processes;
- Day to day follow up developers towards consistent development;
- Manage the performance and competences of the team members (training).
To be able to outstand in this position, we require you to have an agile and pragmatic approach. You will take the lead of an agile team, therefore, being result driven, having good communication skills and being a team player are highly important. Though, you are also able to work independently, taking initiative and learning new things in order to improve. You have a strong customer focus and service oriented attitude. You are not shy within a multilingual environment.
You enjoy modelling data in the most efficient way possible, delivering insights to further improve the business. Therefore, you are expected to have a strong analytical mindset and a conceptual way of thinking. Your way of working is often described as tidy, you document your work and have no problem doing this in English. Last, you are flexible and stress-resistant.
To be successfull in this role, you'll need:
- A degree in information technology or computer sciences or equivalent by experience;
- Proven experience in the domain of Business Intelligence, Azure (Synapse) - knowledge of the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, etc.) will help;
- GxP/GAMP5 and Power BI experience is a nice to have;
- Familiarity with Cloud Native application;
- Fluent in English.
Working at Cerba Research
Cerba Research is growing fast on a global scale. Working at Cerba Research first of all means that you contribute to improve global health. It also means growing your career in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where you can develop new skills and work on diverse projects. There is plenty of room for initiatives, we encourage you to take ownership, cooperate, keep learning and most and for all, have fun! Working at Cerba Research also comes with its challenges and it’s not for everyone.
If you have drive, are willing to learn and want to make an impact, then please join!